FULL LENGTH PLAYS
America’s Brightest Star – The people of a small town pin their hopes on their librarian who has a gift that could land her on TV’s most popular talent competition.
- World Premiere, Railroad Playhouse, October 2012
- Staged reading, July 2011, Railroad Playhouse, Newburgh, NY
It is Done – Three strangers trapped in a bar in the middle of nowhere fight off a windstorm and their own pasts. 2 male, 1 female – 85 minutes
- West Coast production named one of L.A.’s best shows of the year
- West Coast premiere, May 2012, Hollywood, CA
- World Premiere opened November 2011, produced by 22QEntertainment and GoAlleyCat Productions
- Staged Reading, Dramatists Guild Friday Night Footlights Series, March 2011
- Staged Reading, APAC The 15/20s staged reading series, February 2011
The Final Jew – A dark comedy about Marvin Black, the final survivor of the Holocaust, and the journey he takes after his death. 6 male, 3 female – 1 hour, 45 minutes
- Staged reading December 10th, 2009, Astoria Performing Arts Center (APAC) The 15/20s: Staged Reading of New Works series
- Semifinalist, The 2009 O’Neill National Playwrights Conference
Stock Home – A dark psychological comedy about a man, his girlfriend, and their new 14-year-old daughter. 1 male, 2 female – 90 minutes
Lauren Cook, Mather Zickel, and Megan Tusing in the FringeNYC production
- World Premiere, 2007 New York International Fringe Festival, August 2007
I’m In Love With Your Wife – A comedy about multiple seductions where everybody’s getting some…except Gary. 3 male, 3 female – 90 minutes
From left: Katie Kreisler, Shane Jacobsen, Ean Sheehy,Marion Wood, Ron Palillo, and Monica Yudovich
- World Premiere, 2007 Midtown International Theater Festival, July – August 2007. Received six Best of the Fest Nominations and won Outstanding Playwriting of a New Script and Best Supporting Actress (Katie Kreisler)
- Semifinalist, 2007 Trustus Playwrights Festival
Election Day (Musical) – Book by Alex Goldberg, Music by Joel Stein, Lyrics by Alex Goldberg and Joel Stein. A liberal, womanizing president runs for re-election against a dim but charismatic conservative senator. His campaign would be smooth if it wasn’t for his overly ambitious wife, his disgruntled son, a mysterious White House intern, a pantsless foreign dignitary, and three dead presidents as counsel. 6 male, 5 female – 2 hours, 10 minutes
- World Premiere, American Theater of Actors, New York. Produced by Jointed Stock Theater Alliance – February 2005
ONE ACT PLAYS
The Third Date – Bradley is getting ready for his third date with Angela, when he receives a surprise visit…from his father…who is dead. 2 male, 1 female – 28 minutes. Available for purchase here.
- World Premiere, Pittsburgh New Works Festival – September 2008
- New York Premiere, The Goldberg Variations – Sticks and Stones Productions – October 2008
Lying Naked – It’s 4am. The sex was great. What could possibly go wrong? 1 male, 1 female – 30 minutes. Available for purchase here.
- Staged reading scheduled for November 2009, New Ground Theater Collective Reading Series
- Produced in Clandestine: an Evening of One-Act Plays by New Ground Theater Collective in Planet Connection Festivity in June 2010. Nominated for four awards: Outstanding Playwriting of a One-Act, Best Actor in a One-Act, Best Actress in a One-Act, and Outstanding Production of an evening of One-Acts.
TEN MINUTE PLAYS
Breakdown in Babel – An American, A French-Canadian and a Cuban gather in the safe house and try to figure out what went wrong 3 males.
- World Premiere, Instant Theatre Festival, New York – July 2008
- The Goldberg Variations – Sticks and Stones Productions – October 2008
- Semifinalist, The Network One Act Play Festival – March 2009
- West Coast Premiere, Neo Ensemble Theatre, Los Angeles – March 2014
Broad Daylight – A mother, a son, a nice day, and a not so nice conversation. 1 male, 1 female.
- World Premiere, The Internationalists Directors Collective, Taiwan – October 2009
- U.S. Premiere, Emerging Artists Theatre Spring EATFest, March 2010
- Archived in the permanent holdings of the Eileen Heckart Drama for seniors archives, Theatre Research Institute, Ohio State University
- West Coast Premiere, Little Fish Theatre, San Pedro, CA, January 2011